- ✔ INDUCE BREEDING - SunGrow Betta Leaves are a must-have for taking care of Betta fish. They act as a shelter to betta, release minerals for their healing, and assist Betta in spawning. They also help Betta's skin and scales stay hard and still, smooth and slippery.
- ✔ REDUCE STRESS - Bettas have been known to display improved behaviour when SunGrow Betta Leaves are introduced to the tank. Because the leaves create an environment similar to their natural habitat, Bettas will start interacting with the leaves within the day they are introduced.
- ✔ NO TOXIC CHEMICALS ADDED - SunGrow Betta Leaves are the best solution for creating black water quality. Bottled black-water extracts may contain other chemicals mixed in that is harmful to Bettas. Our SunGrow Betta Leaves are expertly selected from naturally fallen leaves and carefully sterilised to be free of pesticides and safe for pets.
- ✔ BOOST IMMUNITY - SunGrow Betta Leaves will release beneficial tannins within 15 to 30 minutes. You'll notice your tank water browning. Tannins are known to contain healing properties. Remove the leaves only when they start to disintegrate. Because SunGrow Catappa Leaves are organic, you don't have to boil them down and risk destroying the beneficial nutrients.
- ✔ EASY TO USE - Just drop a few leaves into your tank. Bettas will start nibbling on the leaves, using them for cover or may even lay eggs on the leaves. PREPARATION: Before placing the product in the aquarium, rinse before use, even after boiling or soaking. A "post-boil soak" in fresh water with a bag of activated carbon is a recommended step, too.
Details: SunGrow Betta Leaves are rich in tannin and humic acids that make for healthier, happier, more reproductive Betta fish. It transforms any tank into a natural Amazonian environment, perfect for Bettas to thrive and breed. SunGrow Betta Leaves have been known to keep Betta's skin and scales hard, smooth and slippery. Having healthy scales and skin prevents Bettas from injuring easily and helps them heal faster. SunGrow Betta Leaves also provides fishes with cover and a place to build a nest for their eggs.
Our SunGrow Betta Leaves are collected with great care. Only naturally fallen leaves are selected and any signs of breakage or discoloration will render that leaf below our standards. The selected leaves will then go through a strict sterilisation process to remove any dirt or chemicals, then naturally dried and sealed packed before delivery.
Always rinse before use, even after boiling or soaking. By the way, a "post-boil soak" in fresh water with a bag of activated carbon is a recommended step too. Although we obtain our products from sources known to be free of pollution, impurities, and pesticides, you can never be too careful, and the extra step is worthwhile, in our opinion. When you drop a few leaves into your tank, you'll notice your tank water browning after a few days. This is natural as tannins are being released into the water (much like tea in water). Your tank water now has the right amount of nutrients and healing properties your Betta need. Remove the leaves after a few days.